Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Literary Review- Style A to Zoe by Rachael Zoe


Title: Style A to Zoe “The art of Fashion, Beauty, & Everything Glamour”
Author: Rachel Zoe with Rose Apodaca
Genre: Fashion
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Publication Date: October 2007
Cost: $24.99
Page Count: 183
ISBN- 10: 0-446-57999-8

I love fashion and everything that has to do with it! In addition, I love good books. So when iMAG received Style A to Zoe from famous fashion stylist Rachel Zoe I was all over it! It was a fashionista’s dream come true. I had to be the one to write the review because fashion is what I love and I am always open to learn more.

I had no idea the amount of people that Rachel styled and you get the point when you see the images of celebrities like Naomi Campbell, Cameron Diaz, Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway, Joy Bryant, Lindsay Lohan and many others sporting her styles. She even had the pleasure of styling Mary J. Blige.

Style A to Zoe gives a lot of great ideas such as:

*Five glamour essentials for under $50
*Day-off essentials
*How to know when it is time to let something go
*How to pimp up your closet
*Emergency fixers each stylist should have

Some of my favorite chapters are:

Introduction: Dream On where she tells you how she got onto the stylist road. I also liked to play dress up and see what I could do with my clothes to make them look different. I get a lot of magazines and gaze at the images just as Zoe describes. I connected with that chapter

Chapter 6: Behind Closed Doors tells you how to make your house represent you! In this chapter she incorporated a nice little segment about how to organize your living.

In the last chapter she gives you the A to Zoe the important things to remember!

Zoe’s personal touch to the book gives her an A+. I felt like I was speaking to my own personal stylist one on one. This book is definitely the book for you if you need help looking chic, what to wear, making your home match you and primping your closet.

Take out the time and read this book and be sure to tell me what you think…

Tweety Elitou,
Writer, Reviewer & Total Fashionista

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Style A to Zoe Literary Review.

1- Vaseline your heels to keep your feet from cracking due to the cold weather.

2- Don't forget to apply a light sunscreen to fight the harsh winter sun.

3- Keep you lips moisturized to stop winter chapping.

4- Use a moisturizing conditioner to fight winter hat hair.

5- Keep hand lotion nearby to fight cracked winter hands.

Veronica Britto ilovethelibrary@gmail.com