Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fashion Week- Is Philly the New Fashion Week Location?



Everyone wants to go to fashion week! Although Philly is known for its artistic talents, it has never been known as a fashion mecca. You have to go to New York for that. As of lately, Philly has been doing it new and wild. Thanks to entertainment dudes making a name in the City of Brotherly Love, Fat Boy Hype Entertainment has listed some of the hottest fashion names in Philly and New York along with new designers to put on some of the hottest fashion shows you could every see.

Philly Fashion Week was held in the courtyard of City Hall which had an awesome appearance to onlookers. The set up was multihued with flashing lights and a long black runway for the models to strut their stuff. It was thus far one of the best thus far tried in Philly.

The highlights:
*A portion of the proceeds was given to One.org

*Miasha author of Mommy’s Angel was there giving away her books
*There were several great fall collections especially Anthony Eastwick
*There are plans for one next year
*Jade Cole of America’s Next Top Model is really nice in person

The low points:
*Designers had too many fashions displayed causing the show to last too long
*Jade, who was to serve as host came after the event
*Some of the models did not look like models including the one that walked too slow and drunkenly

List of designers at the show:
Teranchula, Anthony Eastwick (stylist to Mary J. Blidge), James Nelson (stylist to Jill Scott), DivaSperg of Philadelphia, Candy Cane, Seiman Furs, Ebony and many others.

Since this is the first of many to come, I would say that it was a good show and it can only get better with time.

Check out my my iView with Jade Cole!

What is life like after America's Next Top Model?

It's been great. The exposure was great and that was the best part of the show. I have been pushing myself with modeling and acting. I am living my dream traveling around the world.

How do you like being home in Philly?

I love it, this is my hometown even though on the show they made it seen as though I was from New York which where I currently live, I always represent Philly.

What are you doing now?

I have been traveling a lot because it opens my third eye and I love meeting new people and everyday I write.

What advice do you have for young ladies that are interested in becoming models?

Be sure that you educate yourself about the business because there are a lot of bad people out there. Stay focused and be sure to ask questions.



iView & Review by Tweety Elitou

No comments: